4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2014 Radio wont turn up issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Fosters Performance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Radio wont turn up issue

Hi and thanks.

Ive been a member of the Corvette Forum for over 10 years, but this is my first post here..

Just bought the 1st new vehicle of my life (40 years old), a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Express. Quad cab, 4wd, Hemi...

It only has 250 miles on it, and last night drove up the highway to meet someone an hour away. Well, as i was cruising around 75, i thought the volume on the radio went down. So when i went to turn it up, it wouldnt go past 18 i think. It would turn down, but not up past that number. Well, i tried going different speeds, different inputs, and it didnt matter. Funny thing is, the highest volume i can get changed, with no rhyme or reason why. When i stopped at the rest stop and um 'rested' i tried it again sitting there. No problem - could crank it. When i got back on the highway, it was doing the same thing.
The 'speed adjusted volume' was off at first, then i tried it on 3, and i saw that its function worked, but that didnt fix problem. Also, the 'power on volume' (i think its called) was also off, than on, and still same results.
Only thing i can think of is a bad radio.?.?. Dosent make sense. I know vehicles make decisions for you these days, but the freaking radio should turn up when i tell it to.
Oh ,and i dont know what they call the radio, but its the base one (no nav, bluetooth,etc) It has the USB, and AUX in, as well as the CD player.
Ive had a few fit and finish items with this truck, but im getting alittle P/O'd at this.
Any thought are welcome. Im going to call dealer today.....Thanks everyone!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Radio wont turn up issue