4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rain drops falling on my head. Sunroof leak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
polarismo700
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Rear drain tube drains

The rear drain tube drain outlets are accessable when you remove the rear panel under the back window. Once panel is removed, you will see the tubes snaking from the top of the rear pillars toward the the back wall. These can now be removed and "trimmed" (I trimmed only the bottom half) with a pair of sissors. You can see them looking between the bed and tha cab. They are about 3/8" nub that sticks out.
Check out my Album for the rear pictures.

I still have not had anymore drainage problems.

Last edited by polarismo700; 10-30-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding picture reference
Old 10-31-2011, 08:53 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Mepsgod
I was giving my truck a bath today due to the pollen in North Carolina. After washing the roof/sunroof and then spraying it down I noticed water dripping out of the "Oh Crap" handles on both side of the truck, and water dripping out of the over head console. These were more than a few drops it was dripping so bad my floor boards were soaked, and the bin in front of my shifter was full of water. Needless to say I called the dealer quick to see if I could get it in immediately to be checked out. Got it in to be looked at tomorrow. Has anyone else had any problems with their sunroof leaking like this before? Can anyone give advice on what should be the fix by the dealer? Any and all advice is accepted, even the funny ones. I am going through withdrawals right now. I have to drive my old van tomorrow.
The reason I said no to my wife about a sunroof, every brand has sunroof issues. Had a chevy that you might as well not have glass there. But I have never been a fan of them. Now my daughter had her way on her 11 Caliber, her money when it leaks I will say it's okay honey the dealer will fix you up.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
1sthemi46

Dealer replaced the glass in my sunroof last week. Chrysler said that the glass was causing my leaks. I didn't have any leaks till the truck was 2 1/2 years old. So far no more leaks.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:09 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of sunroofs at all. I learned to stay away from them after having to fix every dam one of them at the dealerships i`ve worked at thru the years. They ALWAYS leak..! You cant cut a hole in the roof and not expect it to leak sooner or later. You have to constantly keep the seals cleaned, the drains cleared. Just not worth the hassles. This is worthless to say, but the only thing i can contribute in here, dont buy a vehicle with a sunroof, and you wont have to worry about it leaking or having to maintain it.

Last edited by LU229; 11-26-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Rain drops falling on my head. Sunroof leak?