4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Camshaft position actuator solenoid!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
mtlmlshatrps03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft position actuator solenoid!?

i asked this question awhile back and got very few answers. of the answers i got, i tried following up with the members who initially answered it, but they never got back to me. ive searched different sites and forums and have yet to get a definite answer.

engine code is popping a p0013, which is CMP actuator solenoid short. thing is, i dont where it is on the truck, and i dont know where to find the part.

every auto place i go to, they show a CMP sensor, not the solenoid. i bought the haynes manual, and that didnt help at all.

someone mentioned to me that the part i needed had a different name. he said i needed a 'variable valve timing solenoid', but the manual makes no mention of anything concerning variable valve timing, let alone how and where to find the part

please help!

2009 dodge ram 4x4 5.7

Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know if this is the part you need, but it's called SOLENOID-VARIABLE CAMSHAFT TIMING. It's located under the intake manifold at the front of the engine. I made a screen capture and pasted it on a powerpoint slide. I sent you a PM requesting your email so I can send it to you.

Quick Reply: Camshaft position actuator solenoid!?