4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for a RAM Headlight Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WESIDE
So Mikey, What switch backs did you order that were plug and play? I am very interested. Can you post up a link or something? Thanks man!
I ordered from www.v-leds.com and I went back to my email from the purchase and the link in there says the page/link cannot be found. But I'd call v-leds at 360-543-5700 and see if they still carry the 92 led white/amber 6k setup bulb 3157.

6K WHITE AMBER DUAL COLOR TYPE 2 CHANGING SWITCHBACK 92 TURN SIGNAL BULBS 3157 3157NA 3357 3457 4157 4057 | 1 PAIR

The only thing that compares is the 42 LED setup..Go midway down the page and you'll see.

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbe...-3156-led.html

Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you need resistors for those? I ordered a set of V3's and wont get around to installing them for a few weeks. Any input on the install would be great. Thx

Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Did you need resistors for those? I ordered a set of V3's and wont get around to installing them for a few weeks. Any input on the install would be great. Thx
No with the current bulbs that I ordered I did not need resistors for them pure plug and play.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM
BuchannanRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hids in my stock halogen housing are night and day compared to the factory bulb light output. Like scotch said you must re adjust the lights after the install or you will be blinding oncoming traffic. I have had mine installed for a few years now and have had no issues with on coming traffic flashing at me or highway patrol hasseling me. Im running 8k and they are quite blue. I wanted a little less blue but they light up all four lanes on the freeway with the yellow hid fogs I also have.
I had HIDs installed in my 13 Ram by a specialty shop a few months ago. They are awesome. The tech set them up and made sure the aiming was spot on. I can now see quite well at night even on the darkest and rainiest of nights. I have had no one flash me. My son put in the same solution in his 14 RAM with the same results. The key seems to be having someone with accurate knowledge and the right parts do the conversion.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:57 AM
theglassassjason

Does anyone know if 2014 ram sport projector headlamps will plug and play into a 2013 outdoorsman

Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 PM
WESIDE
Veteran

How was the adjustment process on those V3's Mikey. Did they have a nice pattern with the adjustment all the way in or did you need to move them out into the housing a little? I may give the install a try this weekend.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 PM
WESIDE
Veteran

So I installed the V3 swithcbacks into the stock housing and they look great. The adjustment on the bulb looked best at the lowest or deepest setting. Fitment was perfect. Install was a breeze but I highly suggest you hook up the dimmer option to these bulbs. They were just as bright as my hids at nightime. They looked much better at 50% power with the headlights running. Also I have no hyperflash or dash lights. Truley plug and play. I will try to get some pics up soon.

Last edited by WESIDE; 05-05-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

So I installed the V3 swithcbacks into the stock housing and they look great. The adjustment on the bulb looked best at the lowest or deepest setting. Fitment was perfect. Install was a breeze but I highly suggest you hook up the dimmer option to these bulbs. They were just as bright as my hids at nightime. They looked much better at 50% power with the headlights running. Also I have no hyperflash or dash lights. Truley plug and play. I will try to get some pics up soon.
Awesome! Pics please, I'd like to see these at the 50% setting

Old 10-14-2014, 05:08 AM
vanix
Former Vendor
Default vanix - Hid headlight kits & LED lights

Hi everyone!

If you are looking for a best quality hid & led lights for dodge would recommend you checking out @ Vanix - www.vanix.net
A huge variety of HID and Led bulbs for all Dodge models.
All kits and bulbs are shipped from USA, not China, all lights are tested prior sending them to the customer. 2 year warranty with a Free shipping in USA.

If you have flickering or error messages on the dash (common problem for Dodge RAM vehicles) choose the CANBUS system ballasts, they will eliminate that problem. All kits are plug & play easy to install.
300% more light output comparing to standard halogen bulbs, with quality AC digital ballasts. All kits are 100% waterproof and shock resistant.

Dodge vehicles:
http://www.vanix.net/shop-by-vehicle/dodge/

Last edited by vanix; 10-14-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:11 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vanix
Hi everyone!

If you are looking for a best quality hid & led lights for dodge would recommend you checking out @ Vanix - www.vanix.net
A huge variety of HID and Led bulbs for all Dodge models.
All kits and bulbs are shipped from USA, not China, all lights are tested prior sending them to the customer. 2 year warranty with a Free shipping in USA.

If you have flickering or error messages on the dash (common problem for Dodge RAM vehicles) choose the CANBUS system ballasts, they will eliminate that problem. All kits are plug & play easy to install.
300% more light output comparing to standard halogen bulbs, with quality AC digital ballasts. All kits are 100% waterproof and shock resistant.

Dodge vehicles:
http://www.vanix.net/shop-by-vehicle/dodge/
You only offer systems for the 2010 Ram Fog lights and "Bi-Xenon" whatever that is (You are posting this ad in the 4th gen section). Your website also does not explain what your systems consist of. Their are no pictures of what you are selling or any listing of what parts are included.

Are they for Quad headlamp systems or dual headlamps? What is "Bi-Xenon"?

Quick Reply: Looking for a RAM Headlight Upgrade Kit