4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2011 RAM 1500 DTC P0481 cooling circuit 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:37 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the resistance of the winding, but I would imagine less than 100 ohms. If it's burned out, the reading should be infinity. Check the other fan you have.
Maybe TNTECH knows.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Run Relay is IGN-RUN. It provides power to the high speed relay only when the key is on.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:28 PM
tonybak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to bring this thread back from the dead.
​dead. Have you figure out what was causing the code?
I have the same issue - P0481 code.
Checked the relay, tried different fan...
i can command the fan on high speed with the scan tool and that works.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:51 AM
jjb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonybak
I am sorry to bring this thread back from the dead.
​dead. Have you figure out what was causing the code?
I have the same issue - P0481 code.
Checked the relay, tried different fan...
i can command the fan on high speed with the scan tool and that works.

I got rid of the truck. Tired of Dodge not addressing this in the form of a recall. Since I originally posted I have talked to numerous people who have had similar issues who have paid thousands only to find out it's the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). I am 100% certain that was the issue in my case. The dealer even agreed but since it was an intermittent issue they couldn't do anything about it unless I wanted to pay the $2 to replace it.

In fact the day before I traded it in it stalled after initial start and wouldn't restart. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to restart. Total BS as far as I am concerned. They recalled it for many other vehicles and some I think used the same part as the 1500.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:54 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jjb
I got rid of the truck. Tired of Dodge not addressing this in the form of a recall. Since I originally posted I have talked to numerous people who have had similar issues who have paid thousands only to find out it's the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). I am 100% certain that was the issue in my case. The dealer even agreed but since it was an intermittent issue they couldn't do anything about it unless I wanted to pay the $2 to replace it.

In fact the day before I traded it in it stalled after initial start and wouldn't restart. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to restart. Total BS as far as I am concerned. They recalled it for many other vehicles and some I think used the same part as the 1500.
Man, the dealer tech training situation is so bad these days. Something's going to have to be done. Most of the people can't make a good living at it anymore, so they really just don't give a $hit. Corporate refuses to address the problem and the dealers sure as hell won't step up. I've never seen it like this before. I would have sold it too.

Quick Reply: 2011 RAM 1500 DTC P0481 cooling circuit 2