Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Technical Help & Information > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Need help with in-dash nav unit '05 Durango

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Question Need help with in-dash nav unit '05 Durango

I'm really hoping someone can help. We purchased an '05 Durango about 2 months ago. One of the items written in the contract was that the dealer would get the navigation system working (there was no disc). Monday I finally received a disc in the mail (#05064033AC) but I continually get an error. At times, it is as if there is no disc installed, other times it says "cannot read DVD-rom". I took it to a Dodge dealership today (NOT where we purchased it). They took it back for their "nav guy" to look at and told me the disc is too old for the '05 and we needed a newer disc. Someone else told me that IF the previous owner used a newer disc, that would have updated the firmware and you could never use anything but that or newer. I guess my question is... is that true? If so, is there something I can do to revert to the original version so it will accept my disc? I'm not sure of what model it is... it is part of a 6-disc changer system in-dash, factory installed (we have the '05 Limited). Thanks for your time and any assistance you can offer!
Kit
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Vehicle: 04 Dodge Ram QC
TrickedOut DodgeRam Weedahoe1977
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Hate to say it but it may just be an issue with the laser or lens in the head unit. DVD formats have not changed that much in the last few years.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Default Partial fix

Thanks for the reply. I took it to the Dodge dealership and they informed me the disc I had was too old. Call the dealer we bought it from and they purchased a new disc from a Dodge dealer. That works! Now my problem is that the joystick (if that is what it is called) seems to be broken (sigh). We can at least see the streets we're driving on, but I cannot program anything. If it isn't one thing it's another. Thanks again!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Vehicle: 04 Dodge Ram QC
TrickedOut DodgeRam Weedahoe1977
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well at least you are making progress.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM