Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Best underseat sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:25 PM
V8madness
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best underseat sound system?

I'm not sure if this belongs here but if not please prove to appropriate section.

I was curious if anyone knew the best sounding and hitting underseat sound system? I had a dual probox with 2 10" kicker cvts and then got 2 alpine s while the kickers were a tad louder neither set really hit very hard at all. I mostly listen to Rock but I like it turned up loud! I called my local audio shop ( suncoast sound ) there's a professional box builder that does fantastic work and he said the best he's done was a single 10 in a ported molded fiberglass box under the rear seat but they want $600 just for the box which I'm not paying. So anyone with any luck on a good hitting under backseat system?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
V8madness
Rookie

Bump (8

Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Its doesnt really matter that its under a seat, a better sub is a better sub, no matter where its going. That said the only thing you have to look at is mounting depth and that is what puts under seat system at a disadvantage. Manufacturers are getting better at making smaller sub without sacrificing sounds. I would look at polk mobile monitor subs. Your box you have now is prlly your best bet.....however, generally "down firing" under seat enclosures are always louder. I had one 12" ported downfiring in my 2nd gen as a middle seat replacement and it was jst stupid loud.

Quick Reply: Best underseat sound system?