Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect Bluetooth and Ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
bigboris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a firmware update i can apply?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 PM
bigboris

Have you had a chance to check this out xsds?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm Sorry, I have just been slammed at work. I was able to borrow the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) phone yesterday and I am still using it for further testing.
So far I have paired it, placed & rec'd calls, streamed audio, left the vehicle and came back. When I came back to the vehicle the phone connected with no issues. I'll use it for a couple days and get back with the results, ok.

Originally Posted by bigboris
Have you had a chance to check this out xsds?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 PM
bigboris

Thanks for checking it out. I've just had another look on the uconnect site and it's a different version to what I listed earlier.

My version is a 4.3/RHA. Doesn't look like there are any firmware updates.

When you came back and the phone connected ok were you able to stream audio? My problem is that I will get it connected and stream audio OK, then I leave and come back and it will connect but not stream. I have to turn bluetooth on and off to get it to work.

The biggest concern is the iPod though. Why won't it recognise it at all?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:00 PM
xsdbs
Captain

well this information makes it easier foor me to be less confused. You see I've been trying these issues on my 430 radio, whichh is much different than the 4.3 radio. They are from 2 different manufacturers and act quite differently. There are 3 different suppliers for the Uconnect system.
1) The 430, 430N, 130 & 230 are from Mitsubishi.
2) The 4.3 & 8.4 are from Magneti Marelli, theres a link for them below. Maybe they can help more than the dealer.
www.magnetimarelli.com
3) The 730 & 730N is from Harman Intl.

My experiance is more with the Mitsubishi radios.

Thanks for checking it out. I've just had another look on the uconnect site and it's a different version to what I listed earlier.

My version is a 4.3/RHA. Doesn't look like there are any firmware updates.

When you came back and the phone connected ok were you able to stream audio? My problem is that I will get it connected and stream audio OK, then I leave and come back and it will connect but not stream. I have to turn bluetooth on and off to get it to work.

The biggest concern is the iPod though. Why won't it recognise it at all?

Old 08-25-2012, 01:11 PM
bigboris

Well that is extremely disappointing, but going by the overall quality of the vehicle, not surprising.

This is my first "North American" car, and it seems the reputation of poor quality, cheap fittings and zero refinement that has made the US car industry the laughing stock of the world (not to mention poor customer service) was correct.

What a joke.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Yes, it does become an issue when they have more than 1 supplier for an item. It doesn't matter if it's mechanical or electrical, there's going to be slight differences between them. Did you try getting ahold of the MFG oof the radio? If you clicked on the blue lettering, it would take you to them.
Maybe there's someone there that can help.

Well that is extremely disappointing, but going by the overall quality of the vehicle, not surprising.

This is my first "North American" car, and it seems the reputation of poor quality, cheap fittings and zero refinement that has made the US car industry the laughing stock of the world (not to mention poor customer service) was correct.

What a joke.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Bluetooth and Ipod issues