Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Building a custom sub box and amp rack!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
theDogger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FALaholic
Just found your post since I am researching doing an upgrade as well. Its inspiring, but overwhelming. Did you finish?
I had to take a break from working on the project as I have been waiting for speakers and misc. stuff. I finally have everything in. Just got my speakers, Hertz High-Energy HSK 165L
Hertz Energy ESK 165L.5

THe down side to it is here the weather is turning and the cold weather is making it tough to work let alone work with fiberglass. So I am currently finishing running all the wire.

The problem that I am dealing with now is that I prefer to run new wire from the speakers and damn Dodge has these damn connectors in the all the doors that do not allow me to run my own wire.

So I am in the process of cutting all the connectors off to eliminate the connectors and then I am soldering the needed wires (pwr windows, locks etc) back together. This has been tedious to say the least. I'll post some pics shortly.

The down side to this is that I am not really going to be able to finish the amp side the way I wanted to until it warms up in spring. So all the amps will be temp. mounted to make the system functional,

Here are some pics I have not posted here yet. Should be ready for paint after all the damn sanding...did I mention I hate sanding. Fingers a raw....If I would have taken my time and fiberglassed better I would have not had to do so much sanding... Just have to filler prime it and wet sand it and then pic a color

theDogger

Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2013, 01:31 AM
goB1Gred ram

Um yeah... Is it done? If so, wanna do a box for a 96 single cab? lol

Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 AM
theDogger
Rookie

Originally Posted by goB1Gred ram
Um yeah... Is it done? If so, wanna do a box for a 96 single cab? lol
Um yeah... Its 85% done! But due to the cold weather I have postponed working on it until this spring, I'll snap some shot and maybe some video. I have to paint the beauty cover and tidy up the wiring and fiberglass the sail panels

I don't see how me finishing it is stopping you from starting yours!

theDogger

Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 AM
franco90
Veteran

WOW very impress

Quick Reply: Building a custom sub box and amp rack!