Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

How long for VIN to Radio info to Chrysler database?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:39 PM
daedalus-nj
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long for VIN to Radio info to Chrysler database?

I picked up my '08 Durango SLT this afternoon. It was originally equipped with a 230 headunit. I bought a 730N RER online and had the dealer install it. They were to install, update firmware, update maps and unlock the GPS in motion. It was installed OK, but none of the rest took place.

I watched the tech connect the diagnostic tool (Witech?) to the car wirelessly, access the radio section and read out the info, so I know it was connected OK.

He tried several times to enable the video in motion so I could program the GPS while driving. It said it went through, but it never took.

He told me, but I didn't actually see, they had linked the RER to the VIN with Chrysler but when I try to update the firmware online at https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do, it still shows the old head unit. Should it have updated immediately if the tech did it right or is there a delay?

That also prevents me from getting new maps for th GPS.

Any ideas? Or - anyone have a good dealer wh knows how to do this in NJ or eastern PA?

Thanks all!

Attached Thumbnails How long for VIN to Radio info to Chrysler database?-rerstatus_zps3bb078cc.jpg  

Last edited by daedalus-nj; 04-01-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: How long for VIN to Radio info to Chrysler database?