Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:19 PM
MATT1CUS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect stopped working

About a month ago the Uconnect on my 2013 Charger stopped working. It shows on the screen that my phone is connected to my car and vice versa on my phone. When i play music it will play through my phones speakers and when i try to talk to someone on the phone i don't hear them. People who i have tried to talk with have said it sounds like I'm underwater or muffled. I have tried deleting mine and the wife's phone then reconnecting them (her phone wont work either) to the same outcome. Does anyone have any tips to fix this?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which radio do you have?
Have you tried rebooting the phone? This isn't the same as turning it off and then back on.
1) If it's an IPhone, hold the home and power buttons till the apple appears then release them. The phone will now reboot.

2) If it's a not an IPhone, then see if the battery is accessible, if it is then remove the battery for a couple minutes then reinsert it and try it.

3) If the battery is not accessible, then most of the phones with Android 4.3 & 4.4 can be rebooted by pressing the home and volume down buttons till the screen goes blank, then release them. The phone should now restart.

The rebooting of these phones help with issues that have not normally been there before. APPs stay open and are still working in the background which slows down the processor and will cause the phone not to work normal.

Originally Posted by MATT1CUS
About a month ago the Uconnect on my 2013 Charger stopped working. It shows on the screen that my phone is connected to my car and vice versa on my phone. When i play music it will play through my phones speakers and when i try to talk to someone on the phone i don't hear them. People who i have tried to talk with have said it sounds like I'm underwater or muffled. I have tried deleting mine and the wife's phone then reconnecting them (her phone wont work either) to the same outcome. Does anyone have any tips to fix this?

Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 AM
glan2014glan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

?????????

Originally Posted by glan2014glan

Old 08-28-2014, 08:46 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MATT1CUS
MATT1CUS,

I'm sorry to learn of your Uconnect issue.

Are you and your wife both using the same phone? Just prior to the issue presenting itself, did you perform any software updates to your phone?

I would suggest notifying your servicing dealer and demonstrating the issue. Your dealer will be able to determine if there is an update for your Uconnect system as well.

Quick Reply: Uconnect stopped working