Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

The Avenger R/T returns for 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Neon SRT-4 is 0-60 in 5.3 seconds.

I love the Avenger. I think it's the best looking midsize sedan out there. I love that it has a good amount of horsepower.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:45 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

0-60 in 5.3 secs is pretty damn respectable, especially for a fwd car. If the NSRT-4 would have used a coupe bodystyle, Id have been all over it, but instead I went for the GT Cruiser since Im at least ok with a 5-door hatch/wagon.

To each his own on loving or hating the sedan bodystyle--or ANY matter of appearance. Personally Im off the scale on the hate side when it comes to sedans and I think a LOT of other enthusiasts feel the same. Proof of this would be the number of people putting the SRT-4 guts into 1st gen neon coupes, as well as the Subie guys gutting wrecked WRX/STI's and stuffing the powerplants into the 2.5 RS coupes. Sedans are ok for someone who wants performance but needs 4 doors because they have a family, which is all well and good but a 5-door ups the ante with even more room and usefulness. To me, thats the best way to make a car still look sporty and aggressive but still offer a practical ride for the DD duties also. But if offering a 'performance car' that doesnt have a coupe/hatchback/roadster bodystyle it just looks halfassed, like youre not all in. Just my $.02

Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

I very much wish that my SRT-4 was a coupe and AWD.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:08 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

I wish yours and other SRT-4s were awd coupes too. WRX and Evo would be completely irrelevant and that would be everything the 2nd gen Eclipse was but even BETTER.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

They need a coupe anyways. Toyota and Subaru are makin 2 door compact sports coupes the FT86 and soobies; I'm not sure of the name but they are similar. They already got the scion but this is a lil more aggressive looking. They really otta bring back the Neon coupes and stick it to the imports like they did in the past.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Originally Posted by highrevr/tflea
They need a coupe anyways. Toyota and Subaru are makin 2 door compact sports coupes the FT86 and soobies; I'm not sure of the name but they are similar. They already got the scion but this is a lil more aggressive looking. They really otta bring back the Neon coupes and stick it to the imports like they did in the past.
^Absolutely!!^ This guy gets it, so Chryco needs to get on board. The toyota/subaru is actually a joint venture between the two. It'll use the boxer engine in both, but I think the scion version will be just rwd while the scoobie will be their usual awd. That'd make for the first time a fwd driveline and rwd one were used on the same platform.

Not only would this LOOK more agressive than the tC, but its a true performance car. Ive always hated how lately you can get a nice looking small coupe like the tC, Forte Koupe, Civic, etc but they dont step up to the plate with any real performance. But then you can get a screamer like an SRT-4, STI, EVO, etc but your stuck with a sedan....personally, I hate sedans with a near psychotic passion. Sh!tsubishi is the worst offender yet with this: The EVO will haul *** but looks like a turd sandwich, while the Eclipse looks great but has been long since castrated by a v-6 and fwd. Hell they even did a concept where the put the evo driveline in an eclipse--they would sell those faster then they could build them and that would be ONE Mitsu I wouldnt mind seeing a Dodge version.

Edit: There was ONE turbo coupe that had the right package: The Cobalt SS. I looked hard at those before I bought my GT cruiser but just couldnt bring myself to ride in a Chevy. I sorely wish the SRT-4 wouldve had THAT bodystyle.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:05 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sedans and coupes suck. Give me a hatchback or wagon anyday.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, sales numbers dont support your demand for a coupe...those coupes you mentioned (civic, forte koup) sell in very small numbers compared to the same vehicle in 4-door form. also, those people who are buying the 2-doors are doing so because theyre dirt cheap - not because theyre sportier. im sure that a few of the people who buy them do so for their sportiness but the majority of 2-door buyers of vehicles like the civic, cobalt and other compact are only after them because theyre so cheap. neon coupe sales figures were nothing compared to the sedans and that was why they killed it off...there wasnt the demand to justify developing a new coupe. plus, dodge isnt trying to be a sport compact brand..theyre trying to be a muscle car brand.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 AM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for posting this off topic. But, BadStartRT I've been tring to get a hold of you for a couple weeks now. I want to know if you are still selling the dodge forum decals. PLEASE email me at iphonecaseguy@gmail.com
Again sorry for going off topic.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

SO let's make a lightweight and non-boxy "Muscle car" and put a TT V6 in it or the HEMI.

Quick Reply: The Avenger R/T returns for 2012