Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Should Dodge sell an SRT Durango or should buyers be happy with the SRT Jeep?
The Dodge brand is about going fast...we need a Durango SRT8!
91.30%
The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is freaking awesome and one high performance SUV is enough.
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Add the Durango SRT or stick with the Jeep?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Rated R
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imo it never made sense that a Jeep SRT8 exists.The Jeep name to me means off road, sport utility, the outdoors, fly fishing and fire trails etc.

The Durango looks far more sporty that the GC, especially the 2014 R/T that will be out soon. If they produce a Durango SRT8 I would likely trade our 2012 R/T.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 AM
PrestonEidsmoe
Professional

Okay, fair question. Think of it this way, if you manufacture something and people are willing to buy it, why would you not try to improve it? Why would you loose the chance to keep your customers happy? If I had access to the engineers, parts and tools they have, it would be as simple as a weekend adventure.

I am not a loyal, die hard Mopar fan. I have owned many Jeeps and a couple of Dodge trucks but, I have owned Chevy's and Ford's too. I buy what I want when I need it. I weigh cost verses quality and I decide what options I want and what ones I need. The more options that I get, the happier I am.

With my truck now, It is an SLT (the best that was available at the time of production on this vehicle) but, I would have been happy with hand crank windows, rubber mat and vinyl seats. It is a Magnum V10, I would have been happier with a Diesel but, I went with the gas V10 because I could work on it with familiarity. Much better performance also. It has the 5 speed manual but, I would have liked a 6 speed. It is a 3500, I would have been happy with a 2500.

The more options you get for the same price ='s more bang for your buck. All and all, I am really happy with my purchase. I can't wait to put it to the test. I am curious how many MPG I can get driving cross country towing my overloaded 40 foot 5th wheel.

My next goal, improve mileage. Dodge could have improved it by adding a 6 speed manual. They could have improved the air flow and they could have made a different exhaust. They didn't so, If I want those options, I have to add them. I am sure if there is something you want from a vehicle that they do not offer, there is a way.

Maybe Dodge will get the idea when they start seeing these vehicles being remade into something they should have been all along? Maybe not? Either way, it is some pro shops making money or it is a car manufacturer making money but, someone will. Over the years I have built many vehicles. Built them in my shop, back yard and in friends driveways. All it takes is a little research, tools and adventures spirit.

My Dad and I believed, "If you can dream it up, we can build it!". My Dad passed away but, his legacy lives on. I am fearless. I teach people to live life, fulfill their dream and reach for something outside the box. I fly by the seat of my pants and hit the ground running.

Live a little, start small and make your dream a reality. People do not build cars just because they need them, they build them because they see what the vehicle could be. They have dreams and are inspired by those same dreams.

Last edited by PrestonEidsmoe; 06-08-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:55 PM
vancura426

I wouldnt mind seeing an srt durango as long as it has the right body kit and slammed to the ground like the first srt 8 grand cheorkee. im not very happy with the new srt grand cheorkees causes at a first glance you cant tell differences between stock ones and srt models.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Add the Durango SRT or stick with the Jeep?