Car/Truck Sales Find vehicles for sale here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1987 Dakota for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:45 PM
sandgink
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Dakota for sale

Greetings all,

I have decided to Sell my Dakota, not my first choice but I can't spend another winter rebuilding the transmission. I dropped the pan today and it looks like you filled it with graphite.

There are only a couple places around here that rebuild and the total for both is over 2 grand,

here is a photo.

Specs,
Odometer reads 78000 and some change
rebuilt alternator
New windshield in August,
Drivers mirror needs new glass.
Aluminum rims
Was my daily driver till the tranny started acting up.
4X4 works
318 Engine runs great, has some lifter noise on #6 or 8. probably needs some tweaking on the Holly carb, I was always a rochester man. The jets need to be down sized a bit.
The AC works but the Compressor needs a gasket so it leaks down over about 2 weeks.

I also have a complete 318 out of a 78 Plymouth fury 78000 miles, torn down in preparation for rebuild to put in this truck that I will throw in, it was going to be this winters project. No ring grove engine is in super great shape, if you want to build a torquer engine this is the one for you.

I love the truck but like all dreams sooner or later you have to wake up.,

$1100 OBO.

Jake.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:43 AM
sandgink
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 dakota 4x4 for sale

Greetings all,

I have decided to Sell my Dakota, not my first choice but I am no longer able to lay on the floor working under vehicles. I dropped the pan and it looks like material from the torque converter, converter was still under warranty so I swapped it out. Not sure if fixed the problem or not.

There are only a couple places around here that rebuild and the total for both is over 2 grand,

here is a photo.

Specs,
Odometer reads 78000 and some change
rebuilt alternator
New windshield in August,
Drivers mirror needs new glass.
Aluminum rims
Was my daily driver till the tranny started acting up.
4X4 works but needs a new vacuum source
318 Engine runs great, has some lifter noise on #6 or 8. probably needs some tweaking on the Holly carb, I was always a rochester man. The jets need to be down sized a bit.
The AC works but the Compressor needs a gasket so it leaks down over about 2 weeks.

I love the truck and it was going to be my Dream Ride, but like all dreams sooner or later you have to wake up.,

$600 or BEST OFFER otherwise it's off to the Scrap yard.

Jake

Quick Reply: 1987 Dakota for sale