Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

1974 Dodge Charger SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 AM
ral494
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 Dodge Charger SE

I have been looking for a long time and have not yet seen a 1974 Dodge Charger SE for sale or any pics of one that looked like the one I own. I'm curious to find out more about it. First a little history:
The car was purchased in Sk Canadaby my grandfather in 1974. He drove it daily until 1986 and turned it over to his drooling 16 year old grandson...I drove the hell out of it to be honest...when it was finally parked the body was in serious need of repair...major rust through both front and rear quarters the trunk the deck and hood where all pretty bad...It had about 78000 miles on itbut ran very well. We had to replace the original transmission and it had a new set of brakes when it was parked.
The carwas copper in color with the amber to yellow ralley reflector stripes down the side. It had the 3 split rear window trim with the half vinyl top in a sand or beige color.
The drivetrain was nothing spectacular...it had the optional 360ci with the 2bbl carb. I think it was rated at around 180hp at 4000rpm??? It had decent performancebut didn't scare me
The neatest thing about it was those stripes down the side. It was a sharp looking car in it's day. I have googled a few different sites and have really found no pics or anything. Were those stripes a dealer option? I would like to find somewhere to get new ones for it or see if I can get them made.
Years ago Isaved my old car from a bad sale and the kid that my dad sold it to had sanded off the decals and pretty much dismantled the whole thing...it's interior has been gutted and there are lots of parts missing. It's been sitting behind the barn for about 10 years now...I'll need a chain saw to get it out from all the trees that have grown up around it...lol
I have slowly been rounding up parts for this car and will eventually be restoring it.
Anyone with info on this car or where to locate those old stripes would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1974 Dodge Charger SE

Tough to say withoutany pics.... haven't seen a 74 SE with any stripes myself, other than pinstripes along the top of the body. The Rallyes had large stripes down the center of the sides, but I don't believe that was available on an SE.

Quick Reply: 1974 Dodge Charger SE