Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Whats your favorite cleaning product?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 PM
DemonRR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

black pearl polishes and paint sealants (from Car Brite). hands down the best products ive ever used.
stoners 'trim shine' for the tires and trim areas.
3m medium clay bar (blue) for a pre-polishing to remove all surface contaminants
Mink oil for leather conditioning
Xtra duty (from Car Brite) for leather/interior cleaning

i have been an auto detailer for 12+ years. I am Magna certified, and i currently own my own company, as well as sub-contract out of a dealership. i work on high end exotics (mainly), but will work on "normal" cars as well. cause money is money now-adays.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Meguires and Turtlewax

Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I use Armour All car wash (not was and wax) to wash it.
Mother's Clay
Turtle Wax ice spray detailer
Mother's Cleaner Wax

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
OIF Vet

This is a little bit of an old thread but I wanted to share mine. My favorite product in Adam's Polishes Americana Paster wax. That stuff is amazing. I've used many products before:

Zaino, Chemical Guys, Poorboys World, Turtle Wax, Meguires and Eagle products.

Nothing compares to Adam's!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:19 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use:
Meguiars gold car wash
Meguiars wax
Meguiars pre wax cleaner
Meguiars polish
Meguiars claybar
Wolfgang paint sealant 2.0
Prince of Wales Chamois
Porter cable dual action orbitor polisher

I also use the two bucket method (one clean, one sudsy) when I wash my car to avoid scratches and NEVER take it to a car wash. The photo below is after I spent 5-6 hours washing, drying, claying, polishing (medium and fine), sealing the paint, and finally waxing. My arms was sore for three days after,
F. A cool site that someone else posted is Autogeek.net
http://www.autogeek.net/carcare.html...FQMUGgodFXyGWQ

FF
Name:  DSC02523.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  224.3 KB
Name:  DSC02524.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  193.5 KB

Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
lets_baja

they have a website you can get it at thats abotu all i know

Old 12-10-2009, 12:58 PM
exceldetail

Optimum polishes, UDM, Erasure polishing pads, Four Star Ult. Paint Protectant for a sealant.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

I just had my wife's Jeep Liberty professionally detailed. The guy that did it is somehow certified by Meguiars and he only uses their products. I didn't realize they had a school or a class for such a thing but I guess they do. Anyway, he finished it off with Meguiar's NXT and it's the best end result I've ever seen. I went straight to Target and picked up some for my other 2 vehicles. Too cold for washing and polishing right now though. The bonus for me is there appears to be something about it that our cats now don't like to get on her car. That has always driven me crazy. I shouldn't say our cats, I should say her cats. Anyway, I don't know if it's something about the smell or it's just so darn slick they don't want to walk across it but, whatever it is, I'm loving it and plan on using it on my RAM, which has the same paint as the Jeep and my Mazda RX-8 as soon as the weather gets decent enough to do it.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Bunky
Rookie

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
I just had my wife's Jeep Liberty professionally detailed. The guy that did it is somehow certified by Meguiars and he only uses their products. I didn't realize they had a school or a class for such a thing but I guess they do. Anyway, he finished it off with Meguiar's NXT and it's the best end result I've ever seen. I went straight to Target and picked up some for my other 2 vehicles. Too cold for washing and polishing right now though. The bonus for me is there appears to be something about it that our cats now don't like to get on her car. That has always driven me crazy. I shouldn't say our cats, I should say her cats. Anyway, I don't know if it's something about the smell or it's just so darn slick they don't want to walk across it but, whatever it is, I'm loving it and plan on using it on my RAM, which has the same paint as the Jeep and my Mazda RX-8 as soon as the weather gets decent enough to do it.
Meguiars sells a vast line of professional and consumer products. I attended a Meguairs detailing class taught by Mike Phillips formerly of Meguairs.

The key to getting a vehicle to look its best is not the wax but the paint preparation (claying, polishing, etc) which is what a good detailer will do if you spend the money (not just a quick wash/wax job). To maintain the look, you need to use good wash techniques.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OIF Vet
This is a little bit of an old thread but I wanted to share mine. My favorite product in Adam's Polishes Americana Paster wax. That stuff is amazing. I've used many products before:

Zaino, Chemical Guys, Poorboys World, Turtle Wax, Meguires and Eagle products.

Nothing compares to Adam's!
hi Rob lol

I use adams as well!!!! the best out there!!!!

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite cleaning product?