Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Product Review: HD Cut/HD Polish and HD Black Turkish Lamb’s Wool Pad

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:43 PM
inyadreems
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Review: HD Cut/HD Polish and HD Black Turkish Lamb’s Wool Pad

First:
Thanks to 3D Car Care and David Fermani for the ongoing product review exchange program.

Second:
I am a detailing hobbyist, have a small detailing side business and this was my first time using HD products.

Also:
I mostly use Meg's products, but also have Optimum and Menzerna compounds and polishes.

Test Car:
A trashed daily beaten 08 Ford Explorer with deep scratches, RIDS, swirls, scrapes, bird etchings, rock chips and water spots with 85k miles. Mostly taken to the local swirl-o-matic.

Products:
CG CW&G
Megs Clay
HD Cut
HD Polish
DG 105

Tools:
GG DA 5.5
PC DA 4
Megs pad brush
HD Black Wool
Uber Yellow Foam Pads
LC White Foam Pads
LC Blue Foam Pads

Process:
Wash with CG Citrus Wash and Gloss
Clay
HD Cut with Black Wool and Yellow Foam
HD Polish with LC White
DG105 with LC Blue

HD Black Wool:
First time using a wool pad on a DA, the pad seems very high quality, cuts very well but must clean after every use otherwise product seems to get caked up in the fibers. Keep in mind it is hot out today. I did switch to the Uber Yellow Foam Cutting Pad and felt it was easier to work with HD Cut. This could be due to heat and lack of experience with wool. I did spur after every use.

HD Cut:
I did not prime the pad intially, simply 4-5 pea size dots, spread on speed 1 and then move up to 4-5, then used 3 pea size dots on subsequent panels. The working time is short, cuts quick and I had no dusting issues. I did have a bit of an issues with removal and had to use detail spray, but it is hot out. I was only doing 2-4 section passes with the HD Cut and BW combo and the same with the Uber Yellow Foam. The finish was great and swirls were easily removed. Good cut, close to 105 and better then D300.

HD Polish:
Again I did not prime the pad, simply 4-5 pea size dots, spread on speed 1 and then move up to 4-5 then used 3 pea size dots on subsequent panels. Again 2-4 section passes with the LC White, short working time, nice gloss, easy to wipe off, will dust if worked too long or use too little product.

Before:

Afters:

Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Too bad it is a Ford Explorer.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 AM
inyadreems
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
Too bad it is a Ford Explorer.
I don't play with new products and tools on my D, which you can clearly see in the pics.

Quick Reply: Product Review: HD Cut/HD Polish and HD Black Turkish Lamb’s Wool Pad