Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Online Vendor Warning - XenonMods.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 PM
jluce7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Vendor Warning - XenonMods.com

Just trying to get the word out about this scumbag.

I am trying to let this be a suggestion for all vehicle owners who currently enjoy modifying their vehicles. The following is what happened to me when I tried to order some Xenon bulbs from XenonMods.com for my wife's Ford. If any of you have a car, and want those bright Xenon bulbs... DO NOT go to the XenonMods.com website.. here's why.
Around early to mid-March , I ordered some bulbs for my wife's 2006 Escape Hybrid. I paid for them using PayPal via my credit card and figured ok.. I never got a confirmation email saying I bought them so I got a little nervous.. So.. after a month, in April, I emailed the guy (Rich Calnan via the website) at the website and said basically 'When are my lights coming? It's been a month and I haven't gotten them'. After a week and no email reply, I called my credit card company and told them what was up and how I tried contacting with no response. They initiated a "dispute" and tried contacting the guy. He mailed them out May 5th. I got them May 7th.
[blockquote]

Yes.. they just arrived actually. I'll call and cancel the dispute. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
To: jluce7devil1775@aol.com
Sent: Tue, 8 May 2007 6:46 AM
Subject: [Fwd: Chargeback case received: Case ID #PP-282-577-573]
Jared - I'm sorry the bulbs didn't go out as soon as they should have, but they did ship and should have arrived yesterday or today.
I will expect you'll close the Paypal dispute when they arrive - correct?
rich
[/align][/blockquote]
so I called and Citibank assured me it cancelled the dispute and they would forward it on to PayPal.
Yesterday I got this email. I didn't check it until today when I had yet another so I read the old one first..

[blockquote]

Sent: Thu, 24 May 2007 7:34 pm
Subject: [Fwd: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573]

You are a damn THIEF and I hope you burn in hell for what you did to me!
Rip me off!
You may get away with it on earth, but not after.
Do what is RIGHT and get me the money for the products you RECEIVED!
[/align][/blockquote]
Now.. to my knowledge, the thing was cancelled. Citibank ASSURED me it had been cancelled and he would get his money, back on May 8th. So I replied...

[blockquote]

First off... I canceled the chargeback the day I recieved the lights with Citibank. I called them May 8th immediately after I emailed you telling you I had just gotten them and told them the same thing.
Check back in your email. May 8, 2007 I recieved them, got your email, and told you I would cancel the da$$ chargeback. I canceled it with Citibank. They assured me it was a closed case.
Secondly, who the **** are you to talk to me like that you worthless piece of ****?!
Perhaps we wouldn't have had this problem if you didn't take over a month with absolutely no contact to mail me the items I paid for.
If you had approached this like a mature adult instead of a flustered 11 year old, I might feel differently, but since you chose the level of tact, all I can say is '**** off'. I don't rip people off. For you to accuse me of that pisses me off. Rest assured that, although I was happy with your lights, and was planning on buying 4 more sets for my other vehicles, that is no longer the case. From you at least.
[/align][/blockquote]
To be fair I was a bit upset at the accusations. I just got done spending 2 years doing rehab for losing my legs in Iraq and like to think Marines stand by their word. So then I got this today (read right after the other)

[blockquote]
Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 8:29 am
Subject: [Fwd: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573]

THIEF THIEF THIEF!
How's it feel ...
no good THIEF!
[/align][/blockquote]
To which I said:

[blockquote]

You know...on second thought. I belong to a network of over 3000 people that all do various automotive upgrades/maintenance. I will be sure to post your response to the situation for them all to see. I hope you never get any more business again. Your unprofessionalism is surpassed only by your ignorance.
[/align][/blockquote]

[blockquote]

Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 3:55 pm
Subject: Re: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573

Oh right 4 more sets - if I had a dollar every time I heard that from a THIEF I wouldn't have to work anymore!
Walk around as a damn THIEF or at least give me the money back!
You cancelled it my ***. You knew you'd get your money back and the product.
Whatever makes you sleep at night THIEF!
[/align][/blockquote]

[blockquote]

How old are you? I have a 2007 Mustang, 2006 F-150, 2006 Escape Hybrid, and a 2004 Escape. I was planning on buying a lot more. I would reconsider, especially showing everyone in my 'community' exactly what you are about, but this email sealed it for me. Good day.
Jared
[/align][/blockquote]

[blockquote]

Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 4:03 pm

Thank GOD you're going to tell everyone you know not to buy from me. That way I won't get screwed over and over and over again just like you did to me!
Please - be sure to tell everyone exactly what happened.
Especially the part about you getting the lights, filing the claim, and keeping the lights AND the money.
Explain to them how you're NOT a THIEF!
Send me the link to it - I'd love to see how "honest" you are explaining it all.
Nothin' but a damn THIEF that knew how to work the system.
You're the best!
[/align][/blockquote]

[blockquote]

I'll sure to post the situation, that I filed the claim appr. 2-3 (was actually 6 upon further review, on the 2nd of May) days before I got the lights, after waiting over a month for any word, or reply to my email (the claim date can be verified by Citibank) and that I cancelled the claim on May 8th when I said I would. Along with your incessant spammy replies. I am sure they would love to see on all the Ford Forums (where I got your site originally) just how you do business.
This is straight from my credit card statement:
Code:

04/02 04/08 99120952 CREDIT-FINANCE CHARGES ON DISPUTED ITEM -0.09 
 04/02 04/08 99120951 CITIBANK CONDITIONAL CREDIT FOR DISPUTE -26.96 
 04/02 04/11 H9120951 REVERSE PAYPAL *XENONMODS 402 935 7 Standard Purch 26.96
You will see it didn't post until the 8th. The same day I called and cancelled it. As of the 11th, they charged me for it because of the reversal. Enjoy looking like an ***.
[/align][/blockquote]

So basically, I was charged for it. On the 2nd of May, I called Citibank for a dispute because it had been appr. 1.5 months since I ordered and paid for the items, and over a week since he failed to reply to my email requesting information on any kind of shipping status (I felt I had been more than patient). Only when he got the dispute did he mail out the items. I then cancelled it when I received the product, which he seemed to think I didn't. You can clearly see from my CC statement I called and initiated it on the 2nd of May. It posted on the 8th (the same day I got the lights and thus cancelled the dispute). You know I cancelled it because on the 8th, they recharged me and it showed via posting on the 11th. To get these emails well over 2 weeks after I was re-charged for them, shows me this is an unprofessional vendor and I would recommend other people not use the XENONMODS website or deal with this Rich Calnan ever again. I know I won't. [/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 01:11 AM
god_complx
Professional
Default RE: Online Vendor Warning - XenonMods.com

well that is enough for me!

Old 05-28-2007, 01:39 AM
jluce7

Yeah, I actually went through and did a search for just XENONMODS on Yahoo and Google recently.. I wish I had done it before. There seemed to be a number of similar complaints with waiting weeks and months for NOTHING and then getting a hassle.

red-omega.com/blog/print.cfm?id=CE0D0E08-FFF9-E0E2-719F4590831D5EE5
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...owtopic=316158
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...25#post3783825

Looking at it.. this one got me though.. There was a post here where he said he was proud to be working with these people for the stickers...
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2159
then, a bunch of threads like this right here complaining how he didn't ship a thing and made excuses.
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6386(I'll post this to bump that thread)

Just got these emails too..forgot them before.. This was after I sent him the link to this site (as he requested)
Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 7:27 pm

Rather look like an *** than a straight up THIEF!
and
Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 7:31 pm

You know - you should run for office.

Amazing how much *more* information came out in your post.

You did however, forget to mention one thing: You have both the product AND your money.

How is that not stealing? I don't recall.
My reply.. (by now I was rather irate at this immature nonsense so I sunk to his level and name-called)
Because you dumb illiterate ***.... if you read the CC statement, you would see that in fact, I don't have my money. I was RE-charged for your product. If you didn't get paid.. not my problem anymore.
As I said earlier, had you been a mature, professional businessman, I would call my CC company and explain you never got paid, although I was recharged, but because of your actions, I won't. So congratulations on looking like an ***ole and not a thief.
As well, congratulations for losing a customer that would have put at least one set (my wife's Hybrid actually uses 4 lights) in each of his 4 vehicles, for life... (and hopefully every other person who thought about buying from your website, as I posted on many other sites already.) Explain to me how the CC company and PayPal****** you with no lube is my fault when I got the product and paid for it?
I need to apologize for my language but this guy was on my last nerve with the email harassment when I already proved he was wrong and I paid for the product.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

well aint that somethin and im sorry to here about the incedent in iraq but thank you for defending our country![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Online Vendor Warning - XenonMods.com