Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power rear gate

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 PM
trouzp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power rear gate

I have an 03 GC sport, has anyone ever had the power gate open and close for no real apparent reason? Today the power gate opened and closed itself into my garage door an unknown amount of times. While it was running in park it opened and closed itself too then when outside and not running it opened itself again and stayed open (I guess because it didn't hit the garage door and set off a sensor to close it...).
Any ideas on what is up... and down and up and down???

Old 05-31-2007, 02:49 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power rear gate

humm i can say no never heard of that b4 but i have heard of door locks doinf that sorta thing like some one hitting the key fobs while passing a power station. U might have had a power surge in the house to which the same rf signal was dupuclated and told the door to open and close other then that a sticking door switch on the over head maybe or u had keys in your pocket and was hitting them or kids some one with the same RF signal near by.

Quick Reply: Power rear gate