Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Anyone know how to hook up aftermarket backup sensor on 2003 Gr. Caravan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:31 AM
haidangwa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to hook up aftermarket backup sensor on 2003 Gr. Caravan?

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Grand Caravan Sport (3.3L V6). Backup sensors weren't available for that model year, but I've since bought an aftermarket backup sensor kit. The kitcomes with 4 sensors and a control module. The control modulebasically connects to ground andpower (when reverse lights are on), including an override switch to power the unit off. The hook-up seems fairly easy, except that I don't know how to best wire it to the factory wiring. What I think I can do is splice the backup sensor's main harness to the ground and reverse wires from one of the rear taillights. I already have a factory harness that is piggybacked off the left taillight for the towing lights. So, I would probably splice into the right taillight for the backup sensors. Anyone else have any reason why this wouldn't work? Hopefully, someone in this forum has more expertise with regard to the wiring/circuitry in the '03 Gr. Caravan that is willing to help. Also, if anyone knows which of the wires on the factory harness (to the taillight) connects to which lamp, that would be helpful, too. I'm not afraid to splice/solder wire, but I do need help identifying which wires to splice into.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to hook up aftermarket backup sensor on 2003 Gr. Caravan?