Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

blinking idiot light

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
kirknchristy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinking idiot light

2002 Grand Caravan EX, 6 cyl. My low oil pressure light started coming on when you slow down. It goes off as soon as you get on the gas a little bit? Checked oil and it was low. Added oil to proper level and light stopped coming on for about 1/2 a day then started blinking again. Any ideas? Does this sound like oil sending unit or oil pump problem?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: blinking idiot light

what year and engine

Old 07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
98Voyager

I have the same problem on my 98 Grand Voyager with the 3.0 V6.

Oil Light came on the other day. Oil was a little low so I topped it up. Came on again today so I decided to do a full oil change, filter and all. Went to the grocery store and now the oil light won't really go off. While accelerating it goes off but at idle or when there's no real load on the motor (cruising) the oil light is constant.

Any ideas?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
kh1p3h

Copied from post to 98 Voyager.

You need to pull the oil pan and oil pickup tube immediately. The pickup tube gets clogged with sludge at the screen. I have a 97 3.3l with 143k mi. and had this happen when my wife was driving a few days ago. I am looking for a cheap used engine now. My oil light would flicker once in a while and I didn't worry much about it. Even when I pulled the pan I didn't see any buildup, but when I pulled the pickup tube it was loaded with gum - and since my wife drove it till it stopped there was also a lot of shiny metal in it too. My engine will still run, but it sounds like the crankcase is going to grenade every time I start it.

Quick Reply: blinking idiot light