Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Alignment, Brakes, or???...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:49 AM
andyg
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment, Brakes, or???...

I have a 1998 caravan. for awhile now its been pulling left most of the time. Only when i accelerate hard from a stop it will gp right a little then continue to pull left. It also seems to pull left worse sometimes when i hit the brakes, for example the worst ive noticed was one time when i was seeing how bad it was i hit the brakes and the steering wheel went a full half turn left.I am not sure if this is a problem with the alignment brakes or something else. Ive replaced both front calipers within the last week thinking one of them was sticking. Any suggestions?

Old 06-13-2007, 02:31 PM
chopper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alignment, Brakes, or???...

Worn control arm bushings can cause the van to pull when braking and when accelerating.Some alignment shops won't find it unless they are looking for worn bushings.
They just wear out and become brittle or soft.They can't support the loadsto the front end (or rear end) and allow the alignment to shift when stress is placed on the parts.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:19 PM
next2pool
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alignment, Brakes, or???...

All of the items posted can cause your issue, but another one is tires. You may want to switch the right and left front tires and see if it changes the issue. This was the single most common issue on GM front drive vehicles for years.

Quick Reply: Alignment, Brakes, or???...