Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Computer? Fuses?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:11 AM
Reneenae23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer? Fuses?

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if anyone might have any insight to my 1999 caravan woes. Within a matter of weeks, I've encountered many electrical problems with my van that are making me want to pull my hair out! We've had the van for 1 year, been the perfect vehicle, and all the sudden, BAM! It went haywire! The problems began when my air bag light would start flashing on and off. It mostly would only come on when making a sharp right hand turn, as if I was pulling on an electrical wire connecting the steering wheel to the computer, until eventually, the light stayed on constantly. Then I noticed that my cruise control button on the steering wheel wouldn't function when pressing it. A few days later, my drivers side power window switch grew a mind of it's own. I really only notice it on a hot day, but the first time I press it, it makes a noise, then I have to press it up then back down and it will work. Few days later, I went to unlock the doors and noticed a really loud noise coming from the back. Didn't think much of it, until I went to open my hatchback and and it was locked, only I had unlocked the doors. So I went to use the key, and the key won't unlock it either. Now I can't open it,and there's a super loud noise when the doors lock or unlock. Now, about a week later... I went to turn the ignition over, and the power in the van comes on, but it doesn't even try to crank. The second time seems to be the charm. Starts right up as if there's no problem. It does this every morning, or any time the van has sat for a few hours. So far these problems haven't kept me from having a nice driving vehicle, but I'm wondering.. what is going to come next??? Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to offer some info![/align]

Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Computer? Fuses?

prob 1 air bag light ,cruise control clock spring take to dealer life time warranty repair.
2 sounds like a passanger side switch but haft to see it inorder to say so.
3 loud noise is the door lock accuator making the buzzing sound as u lock or unlock it.
4 when u try and crank it does the engine turn over or does it not do anything at all?

5 and so on hehe evaporator coils like to go out in thos vans.valve cover and oil pan gaskets like to leak.
Water pumps like to leakand driver side door disarm switches like to make the door lock back when u try and unlock it.

Quick Reply: Computer? Fuses?