Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Grand Caravan A/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:47 PM
ramaccc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Grand Caravan A/C

My a/c is blowing warm air. Brought it to a couple friends who are mechanics and they vauumed out the system ( had 1.9 lbs in system ) I then put in stop leak and then refrigerant. Teste the system again and same, blowing warm air. They placed it on a machine and said that there was a problem with pressure and said the compressor was bad. So i vacuumed system again replaced compressor (added refrigerant oil) and then added stop leak again and R12A. Again only warm air from vents inside. Although this time I had cool air come out of the vents only for a few seconds and then that was it. Very strange. Before i replace anything else I was hoping to get some advice on what next or something that may have been missed or done incorrectly.

Thanks,

Mike.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:06 PM
next2pool
Professional
Default RE: 2000 Grand Caravan A/C

Mike--the first thing I would do is to make sure the compressor is engaging. The best way to check is to have some one turn on the AC while you look underhood and see and hear if the clutch engages. You can do this by yourself if you listen closely while you turn the AC on -- you should hear and feel the engine rpm's change. If it is engaging, it could bea pluggedreciever/dryer or a temp door not moving to the cold position.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

Well sence u have already possably messed up more stuff then u started out with lets do the basics.
U had 1.9 in the system do u have a dual system ? if yes then u should have put in 2.88 lbs of freeon. Single zone is 2.3 i think i hardly ever get the single zones ne more. OK the stop leak was a bad call all u did there was put stuff into the system that now has the chance of clogging up what might already be cloged up. What was the pressures like low side and high side?? both equal say 100psi with the compressor running? or was one high and the other low? Last b4 we get the cause in the first place DID U PUT OIL INSIDE THE COMPRESSOR or was it loaded from where ever u got it?

Old 06-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

oh one last thing I hope to god U put 134a and not R12 in there.

Quick Reply: 2000 Grand Caravan A/C