Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

97 Over Drive seems to Fail, Help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
nhousepro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Over Drive seems to Fail, Help ASAP!

My sister has a 97 Caravan which seems to run find except for the past several days. While she was driving from Philadelphia to Virginia, she said that her RPM range was stuck in 4000 while doing 70 mph after 4hrs of driving. She turned her van off, let it cool, and it ran fine for about 15 minutes and then it was back to high RPM's again. This is also the first time that she has used her A/C for long durations, which was just serviced prior to her trip on Friday 6 Jun 07. When she arrived at my house, I noticedher engine compartment was "Freaking Hot as Hell" when I popped the hood to check her fluids. Her engine and tranny fluids were a little over the max level but nothing thatshould have caused the over drive not to work. I'm not sure it she has 3 or 4 gears in her tranny but with your help I can check. I would like to get her van up and running prior to this Friday 13 Jun 07, when she plans to make her trip back to Philadelphia. She is stressing bog because she has 3 kids and a grandmother to take back home. I'm stressing a little bit myself, thinking about it.

Quick Reply: 97 Over Drive seems to Fail, Help ASAP!