Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

oil pressure on a 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Johnroot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure on a 3.0

After getting the trans rebuilt for the second time and waiting a month because there were problems and they had to rework the thing for the third time and replace the flywheel at least that is what I was told. When I picked it up it was low on coolant so I looked over things at the pep boys next door filled up the rad. found a loose lower hose clamp.After I got home put it in the rampsand found the front mount loose. This makes me think they want my van to die so it does not come back again for the trans.After around 100 miles itidled bad checked and replaced egr but the oil light was flashing but only after a drive of 20miles or more. So I put in agauge it tested ok till after a 15 mile drive pressure dropped to 10 lbs. but I also put in a vaccume gauge as well and it was fine as well even if it was a little low,till Idrove down the road going downa flatroad keeping 55-60 (40lbs. of oil pressure)I have less than 10in. the source of vaccume is the port for the cruise control.

With all this I do kind of think I have a bad oil pump but could this just be restricted ex the muffler is rotted and rattles?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Johnroot
Default RE: oil pressure on a 3.0

Guess I was kind of long winded does anyone know what the oil pressure should be on a 3.0 mit in a caravan when it's hot I have around 10lbs. and this is with 10w-40 in the texas heat after only a 20 minute drive?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 PM
next2pool
Professional

Your oil pressure should be around 6 psi at idle and 35 to 70 psi at around 3000 rpm. I got sort of confused by your message, but if the light flickers at idle and you have6 psi or more, I would replace the oil sender switch.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Johnroot

thanks that is about what the gauge I put in has just do not understand why it has been so hard to find out what the pressure should be.

Quick Reply: oil pressure on a 3.0