Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Dodge caravan stalled. Makes click sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
pdbdin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge caravan stalled. Makes click sound

My 2002 Dodge caravan does not start up. When I turn on the ignition key i hear a CLICK CLICK CLICK sound. Sometimes the display lights are OFF (and then ON) and sometimes the speedometer and all gauge's go to the max upper limit and then back to the start position e.g. speedometer moves from 0 mph to 120 mph and then back to 0 mph.
Everytime i try to start, I just her the CLICK CLICK CLICK sound. I also tried to jump start but it did'nt help. Just hear the CLICK.

ANY SUGGESTION'S / RECOMMENDATIONS will be really APPRECIATED !!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:02 AM
the_nite_owl
Default RE: 2002 Dodge caravan stalled. Makes click sound

I have seen similar symptoms in vehicles where the battery has gone extremely low and the computer starts freaking out from being under powered.

It is possible that when you tried jump starting the van that you were not getting a good connection.
It is also possible that your battery has gone bad and is shorting internally so jump starting is not having much effect. That could be dangerous if it has happened and your jumper cables would probably begin heating up pretty quick.
Try disconnecting the battery and hooking jumper cables up directly to the battery leads without the battery connected. Be careful of course to not let the positive cable come into contact with anything that might ground it out.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

battery

Old 08-22-2007, 02:01 AM
DeepSeaDriver

Thank you Nite Owl and Dodge Tech, you were dead on! Theinteresting thing with my wife's van problem (thats right, my wife's van!) is that the guages would act screwy and you could get the car started sometimes. It really had me spooked, because we have varmints here in Hawaii that chew on wiring and I thought I wasgonna have to chase down a lot of wire or shell out some big bucks. Thanks for your assistance!Hoo-yah!

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge caravan stalled. Makes click sound