Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Low Oil Preassure Warning Lamp

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
caravan89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Preassure Warning Lamp

Dear members,
I amexperiencing a problem with my 1989 Doge Caravan 4.5L Vin:K . I've noticed that when the van is running for about an hour or two the low oil preassure waring lamp goes on specially when I am making a turn. I have the service manual for this van, however I can't seem to find a solution to solve this problem. I use this van to take my elderly mother to the doctor and for shipping. I have limited income and at this moment I can afford an expensive mechanic. I will appreciate it very much if any members with some knowlege of mechanic can give me an idea as to what is going on. Your honest answer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
kh1p3h
Default RE: Low Oil Preassure Warning Lamp

I had a partially clogged pickup tube in the oil pan that manifested itself the same way. When you pull the oil pan and clean it, also remove the pickup tube and clean it. I soaked mine in gas for a few hours to clean the screen.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:25 PM
caravan89
Default RE: Low Oil Preassure Warning Lamp

Thanks Kh, I will try to clean the oil pick up + oil pan. I was thinking of buying an new oil pump, but I am going to follow your advice. If that doesn't work, I will buy a new pump to see if that will fix the problem. Good advise

Quick Reply: Low Oil Preassure Warning Lamp