Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remote locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
GopherM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote locks not working

2000 Gran Caravan - remote door locks have stopped working. The key fobs will not lock, unlock or activate the panic function. Tried both key fobs and changed to new batteries. The speed activated lock function still works and all doors will lock with the manual button. I have read other similar posts but they all address newer vans and the problems don't seem exactly the same. Any ideas?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: Remote locks not working

sounds like the remote sensor in the van.. try to unplug the battery for a few hours.. see if that helps

Old 08-26-2007, 02:17 PM
GopherM

dishdude - I gave that a try and it did not work. I saw similar suggestions at this forum after doing a topic search and the responses there were the same. I guess the receiver may have given up the ghost. Thanks for you recommendation.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 PM
GopherM

Had more time to fiddle this weekend and I was able to leave the battery disconnected for about three hours. Hooked the battery back up, hit the remote door lock control and click...the doors locked. The panic button works. Everything works fine. Thanks for your help dishdude.

Quick Reply: Remote locks not working