Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

P1193 engine code

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
73dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1193 engine code

I looked at the list found this site and this is what I found, anyone ever see this one before on a 03 minivan?

P1193 EGR Drive Overcurrent

Old 12-01-2019, 11:50 PM
BillyGtr
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dtc p1193

73 Dodge wrote: I looked at the list found this site and this is what I found, anyone ever see this one before on a 03 minivan? P1193 EGR Drive Overcurrent

I have an 03 DGC Sport 3.8L throwing the same code, but my scanner says only Manufacturer's Code.
I've seen P1193 described for other vehicles as Air Temp Sensor voltage and now EGR Drive Current.

Not sure what it is for my vehicle, or where to look for the answer, or to fix it.

UPDATE:
Found the location of the Air Temp Sensor in the last post searched on "P1193" and it was for a Dodge Neon. The sensor is located in the bellows between the air filter box and the throttle body.
Not sure how it became unplugged, but I may have neglected to plug it back in last time I changed the air filter and not noticed the CEL coming on, since I've had a recurring issue with the upstream O2 sensor, and the light's been on for quite awhile.When I replaced the sensor the O2 code reset so I swapped the white wires on the aftermarket Bosch sensor (Chrysler tech suggested that), but it still reset.

This time, after plugging the Air Temp Sensor in and clearing the codes, and taking a long test drive to get into closed loop mode, the O2 sensor code did not reset!
Problem Solved - No DTC's!

Thanks for reading, maybe this will help someone else.

Last edited by BillyGtr; 12-02-2019 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Quick Reply: P1193 engine code