Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Discontinued parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
kilogolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discontinued parts

My '95 GC AWD is having "Groaning" problems. Specifically, rear groaning problems whenmaking a turn and either "loading or unloading" the left rear wheel. New shocks did notsolve the problem.

The short story is that I need to replace the leaf spring bushings. Sounds simple enough, but I was told that the bushings have beendiscontinued from Mopar. I was told the only solution is to replace the wholeleftleaf spring assembly as they will have the bushings already installed. And if you do the left, you have to do the right.

So now instead of spending what I would guess is $30. in parts plus labor, I'm looking at $400. in parts plus labor.

Does ANYONE know if these bushings can be purchased and if so, where? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
next2pool
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Discontinued parts

I can't guarantee this is correct, but Rock Auto shows that the spring bushing itself is the same for 2wd or 4wd. They cost $19 each. I would check a local Napa as well.

Quick Reply: Discontinued parts