Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

02 Caravan Sport--dash lights & turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:06 PM
heatherbell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Caravan Sport--dash lights & turn signals

When I use my left & right turn signals or my hazard lights, my dash board completely goes black and the guages don't even work.

Please tell me this is an easy and simple fix.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: 02 Caravan Sport--dash lights & turn signals

you have a short on the circuit board of the instrament cluster.. not sure if it can be fixed or not.. sounds to me like it might need replaced..and i think i would do it before the van burs to the ground

Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
kh1p3h

Try banging on the dash above the instrument cluster with you signal on - see if your symptoms change. Yes, I know its not conventional - but its free and takes less than a minute. Have you had any work done in the dash? Was the vehicle ever in a flood? Curious.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:00 AM
ez1913
Professional

Gotta side w/Duke.... replace it FAST!!!! The junk yards got lots of Cvans, a good inst cluster is an easy find. Try to find a good visor retaining clip and forget it!

The best "Salvage Yards" as they like to be called, will let you in the yard to find and pick you own parts (bring your own tools, they don't lend them!) so you get the best from the yard. This is also a great way to see how things go together BEFORE you tear into your rig. You will see many Cvans in various states of undo.

If that don't fix it, I'd guess the BCM (Body Control Module), it controls "non-engine" things, windows and locks ect.

Good luck,
EZ1

Quick Reply: 02 Caravan Sport--dash lights & turn signals