Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

replacing fuel pump - 1994 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 AM
swampyMN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing fuel pump - 1994 Caravan

The fuel pump gave out on my wife's 1994 Caravan 3.0. The guy at the repair shop wants $500 to install a new one. I can buy a new fuel pump for about $150 and I'm thinking of replacing it myself (we have 2 Caravans, so there's no rush about getting it done - she's driving the other one right now)

What I'm wondering is if I could remove the seats, peel the carpeting back, and cut a hole in the floor with a sawzall to get at the pump, so I don't have to get under the vehicle and drop the gas tank? If this would work, I would just make a plate for the opening I cut in the floor, and pop rivet it back in place so if it ever goes out again, all I would have to do is drill out the pop rivets and remove the sheet metal panel to get at the pump from the topside.

Anyone know if this would work?

Old 01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: replacing fuel pump - 1994 Caravan

In theory it would work but you risk cutting wires and hoses and possibly the tank it self and maybe missing the access cover I changed the pump in my wifes 94 it was very easy it only had a few gallons of gas so it was very light once you drop it it was all plug and play

Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
swampyMN
Default RE: replacing fuel pump - 1994 Caravan

Ok, thanks - will have to look it over good first. She just filled it with gas before the pump went...[&:] Either way, I think I will probably do it myself for the difference in price...

Quick Reply: replacing fuel pump - 1994 Caravan