Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

REN mygig nav?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
mygoat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REN mygig nav?

I asked the parts department at my dealer about software to enable the NAV system. The parts person said the stereo had to be changed from the REN to RE-something.

Does anyone know this to be true or are they trying to sell me an $1800.00 stereo? I would think with todays technology there could be just a software/chip difference between them all.

I guess on the bright side I talked to the service manager about an issue with the hard drive going blank. It will show zero space available but also show zero space used. Then in a couple of days the 90 some songs ande pics show back up. The service manager mentioned if the stereo had to be changed I could probably upgrade it then for the cost difference.

Has anyone else had the harddrive "zero out"?

I'm thinking it was a good move to purchase the lifetime "wrap around" warranty to go along with the lifetime drivetrain.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Black Hawk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REN mygig nav?

Yes, my hard drive "zero'd" out, and I had to have it replaced. I was reading about this online somewhere and they said that Chrysler had received a series of bad ones from their supplier. A replacement ones have been working fine.

Quick Reply: REN mygig nav?