Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

P0016 Code crankshaft & camshaft misalignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
mellowde
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been there, done that...

I just replaced the heads on my Ram and had to take it apart twice to get the timing correct. First time done by professional shop. Second one done by me. They returned the truck with the p0016 code showing. Found it to be alot simpler than I thought. Removal of components to get to timing chains took only 2.5 hours work. Same with replacement. Of course I had to replace antifreeze and oil/filter. Ebay has some good deals on timing parts (belts, chains & tensioners). Good luck. You'll be glad you did it, if it works.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:05 PM
El Jay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing belt issue

2010 Chrysler Town and Country 4.0L
P0016 crank/cam correlation. Poor acceleration. In our case, the tensioner pulley bearing exploded. Shrapnel wedged between the timing belt and the front engine cover below the crankshaft gear causing the crankshaft gear to jump one tooth. Replacing the water pump, tensioner, and timing belt for about $200 and a few hours of labor. Easy fix compared to replacing heads and pistons on an interference engine.

Quick Reply: P0016 Code crankshaft & camshaft misalignment