Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Caravan Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:57 AM
zachary1985
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Caravan Transmission Problem

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan, on the way to work this morning it felt like it downshifted hard then it would not shift. I was running about 45mph and the engines was turnin 3500rpm. The transmission fluid looks fine and the linkage is working...tit also shifts to neutral, reverse and park fine. Any ideas what it might be.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it wouldn't shift past 2nd gear it entered "limp mode" because the Transmission Control Module (TCM) detected a fault. Not always but many times the check engine light will turn on indicating a code was stored. Did the light come on? Head to an Autozone or the like and have them read the codes with a scanner. It's free.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 AM
zachary1985
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the light that looks like a little engine..its not the check engine light but the light looks like a little engine. i checked the fluid it is full and still looks like new...i am goint to stop and get them to check the codes. hope it is just a sensor and not something bad.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cougar41
If it wouldn't shift past 2nd gear it entered "limp mode" because the Transmission Control Module (TCM) detected a fault. Not always but many times the check engine light will turn on indicating a code was stored. Did the light come on? Head to an Autozone or the like and have them read the codes with a scanner. It's free.

if it is a problem with the trans you will probaly have to go to a trans shop or dealer to have those codes pulled, I don't think part stores has a scanner that can read them, but they will be able to pull anyother codes

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Caravan Transmission Problem