Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 caravan died on road wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Josh Dashnaw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 caravan died on road wont start

Hello everyone. New to this forum, I'm trying to help my mom get her van started and we arent sure what the issue is. The van is 2001 caravan with 2.4 litre. It died on the road and now wont start. it turns over, but no spark and has code P0320. We tried relays but nothing. Figured either crank sensor out or coil pack. Any one have experiance with this got an idea. also method for checking crank sensor and coils with a multimeter. Thank You.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
porterbuilt1

Had same thing happen a while back.. couldn't figure it out..had EVERYONE look at it..changed coil pack, checked fuses,still nothing. Then i was gonna check something with alternator and unplugged it, just for fun i tried to start and IT RAN!!!! I was down for like 2 weeks, and it was an alternator...made no sense, but deff. worth checking out. Hope this helps.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Josh Dashnaw

Still no luck with my moms van. Any ideas. Don't want to have to start replacing everything, but my mom needs her van back. My mom lives on bumpy dirt roads could something have fallen victem to the vibration. Can't see anything loose. Still turns over no spark. Whats the chances ecm bad?

Old 07-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Automechanix
Amateur

it could be ECM, put a noid light into one of the injector plugs and crank to see if its getting signal when the key is turned, put a screwdriver in one of the plug wires and put it near something metal and have someone crank to see if your getting spark.

I just changed PCM in my caravan, it died 3weeks ago, it wouldnt even crank though. has 160k miles. good luck

Quick Reply: 2001 caravan died on road wont start