Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It doesn't.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 AM
NED1408
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If is there 2006 dodge caravan sxt short base cabin air filter, i bought one and look and look i take down glove box, etc, i not see maybe do not have one? Thank you.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:05 PM
NED1408
Default Neutral safety switch for 2006 dodge caravan sxt, 3.3 liter regular

I need to know location, my van do not want to start my friend say is this switch,,

Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM
jonahmt21

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
It doesn't.
well that sucks...

Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM
alltra
Default Alltra

Originally Posted by jonahmt21
so if my sxt doesnt have a cabin filter, how does the outside air get filtered from dust and other particles?
My gut feeling is there was not enough room to install a cabin filter on the some SXT's, or they modified (improved) something on the A/C system and there was no room left. I am not happy that mine doesn't have one either. I suggest you get an air compressor with a thin nozzle gun end and try blowing it out from the cabin end and the engine compartment every 6 months. The older the van gets, the more susceptible to mould buildup without a cabin filter - happened on my 1999 Dodge Grand Carvan and had to use special aerosol spray to try to get rid of the mouldy smell. Didn't work successfully, so finally used a Lysol aerosol spray every 3 months.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:47 PM
purpleriver
Default cabin air filter

Originally Posted by alltra
If you have an SXT model, it probably does not have a cabin filter. To get to the potential location, empty the lower glove box. Push each side of glove box inward to allow the tab on each side to clear the dash bottom cowling. Each tab looks like a Shrek ear. When the glove box drops down and you don't see a flat plate as per the drawing on the previous post, but you do see what looks like the black interior of a salad spinner and above that a full width black plastic piece that curves to the front of the vehicle, there is no place for the air cabin filter.
Hi All. I am very glad that I found this string.
It seems that over the years less and less air comes out of my vents.
I have been looking for a way to open up the system and look for obstructions. I found this and followed the directions. I opened the lower glove box, and found the two tabs like Shrek ears. ( I like that analogy).
I pushed the sides in and dumped everything in my glove box on the floor and then I saw what was in the picture.
I pulled out the filter and it was very dirty, dusty, there were leaves and bird feathers. I cleaned it the best I could and I can tell the difference. I'm going to need to get a new filter tomorrow. Thanks again.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 PM
purpleriver

Just a thought, if you are not sure your vehicle has an air filter inside, go to dodge and ask them for price and availability for it and they will tell you if it is even available. If you go to autozone, they will usually have diagrams and procedures they will print out for you.

Old 10-06-2021, 01:44 AM
ArtScott
Default Cabin Air Filter Housing

Has anyone put a cabin filter housing into a GC SXT that did not have one??

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan Cabin Air Filter