Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

94 Dodge Caravan problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 AM
bugmenot
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 94 Dodge Caravan problem

Hi I am putting a 1994 Dodge Caravan back on the road that has been off for about a year, sitting in my driveway. Went for a test drive the other day, the gas pedal goes down and the van accelerates a little hard and it wont go over about 30-35 miles/hr. If I push the gas pedal down all the way (it was pretty hard to), it pops into neutral. I can hear the transmission shifting. Also, when I start it, I can not put it in 1st gear, and is hard to put into 2nd. There is no check engine light and the fluids are all good, no leaks. I sprayed penetrating oil under the hood where the throttle cable is in the engine and what I believe to be the shift solenoid? . The van does have cruise control, and I think it could have something to do with that or the shift solenoid, any ideas?

Old 11-20-2010, 05:49 PM
sapporo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't have any shift solenoids. you have a 3speed trans and you have encountered a problem that has been around since 1978. the kickdown shaft has rusted to the shifter shaft, you need to keep penetrating the shafts and keep working them to un-seize and all your problems will be solved.

Quick Reply: 94 Dodge Caravan problem