Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan 3.8 needing hoses

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
RedCaravan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan 3.8 needing hoses

Well the interior of GC was smelling like something burning intermittently. Also losing a lot of oil(or to me what was a lot of oil).

The Dealer has diagnosed the issue as a coolant line supplying the heater core(I think) and the car needs a new oil line.

This seems like a reasonable diagnostic but I'm a bit concerned that a 2008 with 60000 miles is having these issues already. Seems like they used a cheap grade or rubber or didn't properly shield it from engine bay heat.

To me burning rubber and or coolant being blown into the cabin is a safety issue.

I think the dealer has quoted me about 500 to have that part of of the work done.

Anybody know if there is a recall or recall potential on the oil leak or the heater hoses?

Apologies if these questions are beat to death. Have owned my GC for a year. Wife loves it but I have serious reservations about quality and cost of ownership.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Davo0705
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a read of this thread, may save you a bundle if its the same issue
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...lant-leak.html

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan 3.8 needing hoses