Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 Caravan 31th 3 speed won't shift

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitting something at 50mph is a lot different than the story of the collision she had. If she hit someone doing 50 and no seat belt, she'd be dead!. You should read how air bags work. It's amazing the technology involved to determine the necessity of deployment. And why doesn't she wear a seat belt?

Old 02-26-2011, 12:00 AM
mfoxcontract
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have now determined that she should wear her seat belt. Any clue as to whether I have missed something in my effort to remove the valve body from the transmission. I took the park lever off after removing the clip, removed the filter, removed the seven bolts and removed the park/neutral switch and can rock it and determine the governor tubes are loose but can not get it to come off. It seems that it has got to come off to replace the TCC solenoid.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Chris Eddings
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trans has to be in neutral

Originally Posted by mfoxcontract
I am in Florida. Thanks for the link. Can you tell by my description of what I have done if I am missing something that is holding the valve body from coming out?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:34 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you checked to make sure the kickdown linkage as adjusted and working properly.
If it is sticking or out of adjustment, it can cause all the issues you've described.

Quick Reply: 99 Caravan 31th 3 speed won't shift