Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Dodge Ram 1500 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

LED High Mount Stop Light (CHMSL)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jpx7777
I'm really hesitant about putting a 20-amp fuse in there. From what I do remember from the wiring diagram is that this circuit flows through the BCM. It is very interesting that the fuse does not blow immediately, so it is probably not a dead short, but the fact that the side brake lights don't work until you turn on the key is perplexing.
The M1 fuse feeds the brake switch, then goes to the 3rd brake light, then to the TIPM/BCM. Power is always ON for M1 fuse.
And then there is the M37 fuse, it only comes to live with Key ON, which ALSO goes to brake switch. However, this fuse is used more for Signal instead of direct power. It provides the Signal to the TIPM/bcm you are pressing ON the brake, so it turns on the Left and Right brake light.
BCM has no direct control on 3rd brake light, hence if the M1 fuse blows, it would no light up.

here is Another thing you can do,
Pry this piece off, disconnect the 3rd brake light for a few days, and see if the fuse blows.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just looking at the wiring diagram for the chmsl and the M1 fuse is supposed to be a 20 amp fuse, at least so say's my service manual.

M1 - 20A - A108 18LG/RD - FUSED B(+)

Old 04-04-2021, 08:38 AM
Red509
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am having this same issue on my 2015 grand caravan and was wondering if you ever figured it out what the problem was???

Old 04-06-2021, 03:02 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Red509
Hi, I am having this same issue on my 2015 grand caravan and was wondering if you ever figured it out what the problem was???
Hi Red509, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Quick Reply: LED High Mount Stop Light (CHMSL)