Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 08 caravan has no Uconnect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 PM
brookster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 caravan has no Uconnect?

I just got a 08 caravan, and when I push the connect button, it says not installed? this is on a Sirius 430 model radio, is there a way to install u connect?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why bother? It involves a monthly subscription fee for each vehicle and the stations are limited.

Just buy a tiny Chinese $5 Bluetooth receiver off ebay, wire it to a switched +12v source and run the 1/8" phone jack on the Bluetooth unit to your aux input jack. They work perfect.

this is the one I use:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251505351382...84.m1423.l2649

The Bluetooth receiver and 12v power cord can be hidden behind the console panel. Only a short pigtail needs to be exposed, plugged into your radio aux input jack.

Then you simply pair your droid or iphone to the Bluetooth device and wirelessly play Pandora or spotify. The music choices are nearly infinite on these free services. The no commercial paid service is very reasonable and it can be taken with you on the go and used in multiple cars, home or the office. I find the commercials on spotify to be a non-issue. It is not nearly as bad as FM radio from a commercial interruption standpoint.

Last edited by Lscman; 04-25-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 08 caravan has no Uconnect?