Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: What goes here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 01:39 PM
dmend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What goes here?

Post #1

I have a missing part on a 2000 3.3L Caravan. In the picture you can see the drivers side of the top of the intake manifold with what looks like a vacuum port with no hose on it. I have no left over parts and don't see any dangling hoses anywhere. Can't find a picture in my manual. Anyone know what this is for and where it connects to?

Thanks,
dmend

Attached Thumbnails What goes here?-intake-hose.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 02:54 PM
IndyMike

I have a 1997 3.3L. After looking at your photo, I can't tell where on the intake this is located.

The induction/vacuum systems may be different - can't tell. Could you take another photo where you pan back a bit to show the location on the manifold?

The port looks pretty big in the photo but I can't really tell without knowing what is around it.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
dmend

Wider shot taken from drivers side.
dmend

Attached Thumbnails What goes here?-intake-hose-long-view.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:03 PM
ice445

Lol, the 3.3L on the 2000 is completely different than the 98 I had. Basically nothing is in common with the layout. The intake manifold was even changed from aluminum to plastic apparently. What I can say is that it's some sort of optional vacuum connector that doesn't do anything. On the vacuum tee that mine had, it also had an empty/unused connector, but it was capped off at least. Then again as I said, the layout was completely different.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 PM
dmend

I capped it off and started the engine. Warmed up the engine and had no unexpected OBDII codes. Unused is probably why I had no parts left over for it, and didn't notice it during removal.

Thank you for helping with this issue.
dmend