Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Need help on inner tie rod replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:24 PM
riverjamie
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help on inner tie rod replacement

I have a 2001 GC 145K, I believe the inner tie rods are bad again after 15K??? I don't know what brand the indy mechanic put in? Or if they were replaced properly? So here are my Questions:

1. I'm looking to install Moog EV-405 inner tie rods. On their instruction they say to remove the plastic stop-out and install it on the new tie rod before installing on the rack. I'm not sure until I take of the inner tie rod if the plastic stop-out is even on the old inner tie rod? If it's not can these be purchased at Dodge or Chrysler? Has anyone replaced them, the stops?

2. If you've installed the Moog EV-405 inner tie rods what has your experience been with them. Have they held up well?

2a. I did a little more research and found that the part number from Dodge for the inner tie rod is 68019643ab it comes with inner tie rod, boot ties, and a limiter ( I think this is the same thing that Moog calls a stop-out). Does anyone know? Has someone put in the factory inner tie rod 68019643ab? If so any problems?

3. Any helpful hints on installing? I'm also going to install the outer tie rod ends and probably the lower ball joints.

Thanks again

Last edited by riverjamie; 10-22-2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Needed to add some info on the Dodge Part number

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Need help on inner tie rod replacement