Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: U connect USB problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 PM
jgrady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U connect USB problems

Hi folks. Having an issue with the Uconnect on my 2011. Bluetooth works fine however when i plug my iphone/ipod in through USB i get nothing. If i plug it into the head unit it does not recognize it at all. If i plug it in the glove box it reads the phone for 30 seconds or so then gives me an error message and says device is no longer available. Phone will charge via USB but will head unit will not read anything on the phone. Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks
J

Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jgrady
Hi folks. Having an issue with the Uconnect on my 2011. Bluetooth works fine however when i plug my iphone/ipod in through USB i get nothing. If i plug it into the head unit it does not recognize it at all. If i plug it in the glove box it reads the phone for 30 seconds or so then gives me an error message and says device is no longer available. Phone will charge via USB but will head unit will not read anything on the phone. Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks
J
jgrady,

I'm sorry to hear about your USB concern.

Is this issue something that has started recently, were you able to access the information on your Ipod before?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:07 PM
jgrady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Havent tried with the phone before but i have loaded music on the hard drive via flash drive plugged into the head unit.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jgrady
Havent tried with the phone before but i have loaded music on the hard drive via flash drive plugged into the head unit.
jgrady,

In order to help pinpoint the root cause, I would recommend bringing the various devices you use with the system and demonstrate the issue for your servicing dealer. This will help to narrow down the specific failure and determine if it is related to the device or radio system.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: U connect USB problems