Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Compressor Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 02:23 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Compressor Clutch

Hi guys, I'm just curious if the compressor clutch from caravan without with rear ac would still fit a caravan with rear ac.

MY compressor clutch is completely broken but I'm pretty sure the compressor is still good so I want to replace the clutch but can only find entire compressors at the wreckers for the vans without rear ac.

So I just wanted to grab one an use the clutch to fix my van.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:25 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

is there any trick to removing the center piece of the clutch after you remove the bolt?

I picked up a used compressor with a still good clutch on it for $20 and I want to take it off to see if my compressor is still good (it should be, it still spins fine) but I can't get the middle piece out and I don't want to damage the rubber holding it together.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

Just got it fixed
I guess you just have to hammer the clucth plate for a while until it loosens up then it'll mostly pull off with ease.

I replaced my clutch plate and got the ac back in operation for $20 because I went to the wreckers to pickup a compressor just for the clutch (they didn't have one with rear AC) which would've been $100, but they had a ****ty one with a siezed pully for $20 and it had a clutch plate that was in decent shape.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Compressor Clutch