Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Rear A/C in 2009 not blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:24 PM
bombera77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear A/C in 2009 not blowing

I am trying to find out why my rear a/c isn't working. It doesn't work in any setting. I even took the rear panel off and beat on the blower a bit with no luck! I have seen lots of information about replacing the resistor on the 4th gen. vans, but not much of anything on the 5th gen vans. I read that the resistor is bypassed on high, so if it were the issue, then the blower should still work on high, but it doesn't. I want to test the blower and I have a multi meter, but I am not sure where exactly to test it. Any help? Oh, and if it is the blower, does it require draining the Freon and all that to replace? I am not sure I am up for that without my dads help!!! (Yes, I am 37 and still require my dad for major repairs...) Any help troubleshooting would be appreciated!

Old 07-09-2015, 01:03 PM
bombera77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay- I was able to find that the there is 12v going to the blower, so I suppose I am going to have to replace the blower. Can anyone give me an idea of what that entails?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Rear A/C in 2009 not blowing