Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Problems with front air conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 06:16 PM
cadufresne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with front air conditioner

The front air conditioning in my 2011 Dodge Carvan has quit working. It's been acting up for quite some time but now won't blow at all. The rear air is working fine but nothing happens with the front. I've been told it's probably my HVAC module but I can't find anything on it. I would like to fix this my self because the dealer will charge me over $400. That's if that's even the problem. It's not throwing any codes. The air system had an update a couple months ago and that didn't fix it. I'm at a loss. It's a little over 100 degrees where I live and in not a heat lover. I like the cool weather so I'm miserable. Please help me be able to find out where to buy the HVAC module and how to fix it on my own or what else could it be. Thank you in advance.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 AM
crxmanpat
Rookie

Could be one of two things; the HVAC control unit is faulty, or the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) has gone bad (typical for 2011's). Have you had any other unexplained electrical "gremlins"? If so, your TIPM may be bad. I had a crap ton of stuff replaced by the dealer before I finally figured out the TIPM was the cause of most of my issues.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:59 AM
cadufresne

Thankfully I haven't noticed any other electrical problems. Is this it http://www.mymoparpart.com/p/Dodge__/Control-assy-DASH-CONTROL-UNIT-HVAC-Temperature-Control-Panel/49397947/55111367AE.html?partner=googlebase_adwords&kwd=&or igin=pla

Last edited by cadufresne; 08-10-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Problems with front air conditioner