Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Water pump pulley question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:55 PM
ajdragon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump pulley question

Hi

Does this look right to you guys. The water pump pulley wheel seems to be lop sided as you can see in this video, which also seems to be making the belt tensioner move a lot more then it should have to. The tensioner is bouncing up and down in sink with the water pump pulley wheel wobble. I'm thinking about replacing it this weekend with one form the wrecking yard. I really don't want to take the chance in it messing up the water pump or the tensioner.

http://vid34.photobucket.com/albums/...psmsyomvkx.mp4

Old 08-03-2016, 12:46 PM
ajdragon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Well I replaced the pulley wheel and it is still off center. It turns out that the water pump had bin replaced and the shaft on it does not extend beyond the bolt plate that the pulley wheel mounts too in order to help with the centering of the pully. There is a little bit of play in each of the bolt holes on the pulley wheel, so with out the shaft there is no way of centering it. So I guess I will have to get another water pump that has the shaft protruding beyond the end of the mounting plate.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Water pump pulley question